Wednesday, April 9, 2008

More Photos!

We've downgraded computers. The current one is a ten year old laptop which makes our highspeed internet work at dial-up speed. This is why I haven't updated my blog in awhile...sigh...patience. Here are some recent photos and I'll write soon!

Amber visits! She's my beautiful kindred spirit with whom I signed a contract to farm with someday. We're thinking somewhere around 2030.


Too bad all my friends get to do when they visit is weed.


Egg Stealing!!!


Total hippies.


Little Pigs - Beginning of November


Big Pigs - End of March - They are gaining a pound a day at this point and will be bacon in about a month.


We recently moved the pigs to the new piece of property adjacent to the farm. It was about time the pigs had a bit more space to roam around...and they are very good at tearing up weeds and roots and things...which makes less work for the farm when they plan to grow things over there. It was the hardest thing trying to get the pigs into the trailer to move them. They were too busy eating weeds on the path to the trailer to care about the buckets of food waiting for them in the trailer. Obviously, Marika was getting desperate and tried pushing them...and they didn't budge. Finally, after an hour we got them in.


Road Trip!


The pigs in their new grassy home with Mama Marika.


I call this "Thwartation of Spring" - A couple of weeks ago we had several days of snow/rain/sleet/sunshine/hail. It was miserably gross, cold, and wet.


A couple of weekends ago we went on a hike to Mystic Beach where there is a beautiful waterfall right on the beach.


Here, Colin was burning holes in black plastic to plant strawberries in. The strawberries are ever-bearing...meaning they produce strawberries all summer and will last for about 3 years. The black plastic helps prevent weeds and heats the ground up. We ended up planting 1,400 strawberry plants!


Farmer Colin


I went to a dance party last weekend where I won the limbo contest! I think this photo was taken just before I fell...judging by my ankle.

3 comments:

테 레 즈 said...

It is crazy how bonita you two are. Umm... the pigs look like pigs. Have they tried to attack you yet??? Watch your ankles. They can run fast too.

테 레 즈 said...

Why do these people keep putting links on your page??? I hope you are staying away from the pigs

lilli said...

Natalie---I absolutely love love love the picture of you and Amber!! I miss you tons right now--even more than usual. Thanks for taking the time to write about all the different processes---you must be such a proud momma of all of your successful sprouts. love to you!